Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Follow the yellow brick road...

Honestly, a lot has been going on that would ordinarily have my heart in a tailspin, but instead of having my heart spin, I'm kind of just... blah.

I actually remember the last time that my heart felt something. It was with Sparkles (This is the same Sparkles that the Sparkles Effect was named after. I'm really proud of her, she's grown a lot over the last few months!). That's when I gave the famous speech - "I have 4 hearts and they have all been broken" - during that speech I also made the declaration that she was going to break my heart and that I would never feel again.

By virtue of the fact that I never really talk about Sparkles you can only assume how that turned out.

So... basically what I've done is taken a very cerebral approach to dating. Engage at a mental level and not a heart level. I show my heart, but is guarded. I can show it, I just don't know that I can give it.

So... what happens when you meet someone that you want to connect with but can't figure out how?

So... my heart is kind of like Dorothy in the beginning of the Wizard of Oz. My heart is housed in a safe place - but this place has been transported to parts unknown. I'm really honestly trying to find out where it's going to land so I can start the journey to the wizard to see if I can find this mythical place called home.

The question is... how do you engage people to go on the quest with you - especially when you don't know what the outcome is.

Maybe I'll just stay in Munchkin land... They like me there.

No comments: