Monday, July 21, 2008

Learning from laundry...

Today I paired/matched/mated socks. It's a task that I've put off for a long time...

So... I emptied my sock drawer on my king sized bed and began the process. (Note - these are not my socks in the picture...)

Next I separated white from dark.

Then the pairing of the socks began.

Here is a brief summary of what I learned.

1) You need to get rid of some socks...

Either the elastic is too loose causing there to not be a good fit, or there's a hole - or they just don't fit in your lifestyle anymore (like the knee high socks with the 3 stripes from the 1970's)

2) Some socks have no pairs

Basically.. although you like the sock... sometimes it just doesn't meet a need for you. Do you keep it around for sentimental reasons hoping that its mate will miraculously appear and the sock will have purpose in your life?

That's a personal question... and like some socks... some people fit into this category.

3) You're really happy when you find a match

Yep... more rantings later...!

No comments: