Saturday, July 19, 2008

To every pre-teen/teenager who wants to play...

There are 2 video games that are sweeping across our country. The first is "Guitar Hero" and the other is "Rock Band"

If you're not familiar with the phenomenon, allow me to coach you.

You have 1 controller that is used for the bass guitar, 1 for the lead/electric guitar, 1 for the drums and a microphone for the lead singer.

A series of colored dots come across the screen that tell you when to hit a pad or press a button. If you do it in perfect rhythm then the song sounds just like your favorite artist.

This has become a cultural phenomenon. Where people young and old get together to live out their fantasy of becoming a rock star...

But of course... when I was growing up... we actually learned how to play the music. So today? I salute the young kid that still wants to learn how to play real music! So... in tribute, I offer this video of my youngest son playing an electronic drum set to a song by Alice in Chains called Sludge Factory.

When they came over this weekend, I popped in the DVD... showed him the song. He said... "I can play that" then went into my studio and executed flawlessly.

So... here's to every pre-teen or teenager who really wants to play!

No comments: