Sunday, September 23, 2007

Honesty... finally...


I was reading a friends blog on Myspace - she mentioned that she was out with a friend of hers and he was wearing a T-Shirt that read - "The last thing I want to do is hurt you. ... but it's still on the list."
FINALLY, someone is being honest.
You can try as hard as you want to, but the truth is, we will always offend someone. It's a sad fact of life. People are quirky like that.
People have expectations (with the exception of me... of course. I realize that we're all flawed in some way) - and when we don't live up to those unstated expectations they get upset.
Feelings get hurt.
I like the notion of this disclaimer.
Now, there is a difference between knowing that the possibility of this happening vs. those people who are intentially malicious. I think we all have people like that in our lives - I'm not talking about those people that can't see beyond themselves and as a result hurt others. (I find myself in that category sometimes.) I'm talking about those people that either believe they were wronged and as a result must hurt others or even worse... those that think that their life is entitled and their desires supercede what's going on in the lives of others.
Anyway... I liked the t-shirt. May get one myself.

No comments: