Tuesday, September 04, 2007


So... a friend of mine from way back when came into town this weekend for a visit. It was a good visit, we had lots of fun playing tourist, eating good food... (thanks for the food...)
One of the things that she said was that I needed a "grown up, big boys bed" because I've been sleeping on a full sized platform bed - which to me wasn't a problem because I had spent the last 7 months sleeping on a couch.
So... I was game. Having never shopped for a bed for myself before I decided to take an expert bed shopping. (She's not a bed expert because she spends a lot of time on them - but because she knows more about them than I do.)
One of the things that she recommended was that I lay on the bed and "treat it like it were my own."
This isn't something that I would ordinarily do but I was game.
So, while the salesman was standing there, I climbed into the bed...
curled up in the fetal position
pretended to cry
I think that made the salesman just a little uncomfortable... but I thought it was funny.
Nothing like a little cringe humor to kick off your Saturday.

1 comment:

annabkrr said...

I've only read one post and I like you already!!