Thursday, September 20, 2007

Me at 275


I was looking for "flattering pictures" of me at 275. I can honestly say that there aren't that many. I'm 225 now and I feel MUCH better than I did then.

When I get out of bed in the morning my ankles don't hurt. My knees don't creak... When I walk short distances my back doesn't start to burn.

I almost don't recognize myself with my face that round... and BOY is that a round face...




Now, I don't have a problem with people that carry a few extra pounds. I find that attractive. It's just at this point in my life, if I want to be able to run and play with my grandchildren... I'm going to have to do something.

It's my own fault for playing soccer for 6 years... year round... spring, summer, winter, fall without break. I just wore things down.

It feels good to be able to move again... and hopefully, once I drop the extra pounds I'll be able to play the game that I love again... in an over 35 league this time.

More pictures later.

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

ok, so you must have "lent" me that 50lbs. well, you know what? you can frigging have them back. all of them.