Sunday, September 23, 2007

Still growing...


WARNING: This post is about my faith in God. If that offends you... read no further. However, I hope you read...


I can honestly say that I have been bitter about the way the divorce was done. I used to complain to a friend of mine and she would say:

"Don't tell me... tell God"

Okay, philosophically I understand what she's talking about, but acting that out was a completely different story.

Until yesterday. See, part of the reason I was "turtling" was because I wanted... no, needed to spend time away from everyting and everyone in order to be found by God.

Well, yesterday was a day of fasting and early morning prayer. That's when the breakthrough came. I felt compelled to pray for my ex-wife.

Now, being compelled and actually doing that are 2 different things.

I yielded.

I prayed.

There comes a time in everyone's life when they come across problems that they cannot solve. And when they cry out, if they listen closely - they'll hear a voice telling them what to do - and sometimes this task will seam more than one person can bear.

I would challenge you to submit... if you've tried it your way with no change or success, try stealing away and being found by God.

No comments: