Saturday, September 22, 2007

Turtling


Since the divorce I've been "turtling"... I've been limiting my activities to going to work and church... been a complete and total recluse.

It's not like I'm afraid to be social. It's like I'm not sure how to be social or what I want to do. When you live nearly 1/3 of your life making your life revolve around family - it's difficult to make the transition.


Like I said, I divorced a lot of friends. Not so much because I wanted to, but when you're a couple, you know a lot of couples and women tend to stick together. And the guys were really weenies who let their wives dictate every aspect of their life. I just couldn't trust most of them to keep things in confidence.

So... I retreat. into the safety of my shell.

Now, I'm not saying that I've been completely anti-social. I've hung out with a few select friends... maybe once every 3 weeks or so... and every time I do, I have a really good time... I mean, just last night I was out until almost 2am with Jimmy talking about really good/obscure music.

That was honestly the most fun I've had in... about 3 weeks...

Okay... I think it's time for me to start coming out of my shell.

No comments: