Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Putting the puzzle together...



Okay... the divorce is over. I'm done rearranging the house. The newness of the experience is over. Now it's time to settle down and put the puzzle back together.

The really cool thing about life is that you always have the same puzzle pieces, but every time you put it back together it changes... or rather, it has the potential to change.

It's quite possible to put the puzzle back together the same way every single time.

I like to call that
"Not learning from your mistakes"
It always amazes me when I see people always "dating the same type of person" expecting there to be a change. Or people that always go down the same path expecting a different destination.
What's the purpose behind stirring things up and tossing all the pieces in the air if you're only going to put them together the same way again? I guess that's okay if you're just passing time.
I, personally, want to live and be alive! I want to take life by the proverbial horns and race into the wind! (That's not to be confused with being 3 sheets to the wind... but it is a nicely mixed metaphor)
Anyway, here are the things that I'm doing to put my puzzle pieces back together:
  1. Reading
  2. Planning
  3. Excercising
  4. Eating healthy
  5. Thinking deeply
  6. Spending time with God

Okay... those are the easy pieces that make up the edges of the puzzle... what's harder are the pieces on the inside.

  • Being more social
  • Redefining me career
  • Finding genuine friends

I'm sure there are a ton more pieces than these... but I struggle to not be overwhelmed. Let's keep it all manageable and healthy.

Cheers to me!

No comments: