Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Putting one foot in front of the other...


Well... I'm on week 3 of "From Couch to 10K" - last night was a milestone night.


Walk 1 lapJog 3 lapsWalk 1 lapJog 3 lapssIt's been a LONG time since I've jogged 3/4 of a mile. I can remember when I would do this and wouldn't give it a 2nd though.


Even the total distance of 2 miles that I did... this was nothing compared to the days when I could just hop up and run 3 miles in around than 15 minutes.


The whole thing took less than 25 minutes... that's right, I'm doing 12 1/2 minute miles (I take 5 minutes to walk 1 lap...)


Tonight is a milestone night... warm up... jog 2 miles straight.


What's going through my mind is... can this be done? I had a terrible twinge in my back this morning. Instead of doing my morning workout I took the opportunity to stretch out my back.


I dunno... I may just need to apply heat to it.


Man... I'm too young to need to use a heating pad.

No comments: