Sunday, September 16, 2007


One of the things that I promised myself was that I was going to get in shape... a few weeks ago I mentioned that I was going to do this project called "From Couch To 10K"

I know I wrote about it a few weeks ago, but I needed to set my head on straight first... in terms of some life related items that... I may talk about those later on...

Anyway... the first week was easy... walk 1/2 lap, jog 1/2 lap... No problem... by the end of the week I was setting the treadmill for 6 mph for my job lap... that's not a bad pace at all for someone that's just starting the program.

This week... oh my... completly different story... a 2 mile work out... in all honesty, a 2 1/4 mile work out...
Start with a 5 minute warm up walk, then alternate walking & jogging and walk only half the distance of each jog, as follows:


  • Jog 1/4 mile (one lap)

  • Walk 1/8 mile (1/2 half lap)

  • Jog 1/2 mile (2 laps)

  • Walk 1/4 mile (1 lap)

  • Jog 1/4 mile (1 lap)

  • Walk 1/8 mile (half-lap)

  • Jog 1/2 mile...

  • go home


Jog? A 1/2 mile? You're kidding... right?


I did it... but it doesn't mean I liked it. My walk laps were 3 mph, my job laps were 6 mph, with the exception of the last 1/2... It was part ranged between 6, 7 and 4 mph...


After that I did my sculpting and called it an evening.


I'm going to start double sessions next this week too... Not double cardio work outs, but this thing called Core Concepts which is an core muscle workout that's done with dumbells and a yoga ball.


If I can control diet and burn 600 calories a day, the pounds will just drop off... and I'll hit my targets in no time.


If I get bold, I'll post before and after pictures.

No comments: