Sunday, December 02, 2007

Feeling better!!!


“Good friends are like stars.... You don't always see them, but you know they are always there”
However, sometimes I forget that.
Being on the road and in between worlds if I don't have the opportunity to hang out with my friends I spiral... quickly into the darkness.
My writings this morning reflected this...
I offer these samples:
How do you find hope in a wasteland,
when all you see is dispair?
If you can't find a helping hand
You grasp for help and catch thin air.
Yeah.... if you think that's bad... try this one:
I live my life on the cusp of a lie
'Cause no one likes a man that cries
So I take these feelings bury them deep inside
And every single day a part of me dies.
So, when I got to church today I was "mean muggin'" (literal translation -I looked sad/angry/some mixture of both...)
The people there are a lot like family to me. They mean the world to me. The fact that I don't see them during the week is frustrating as well. The fact that we all eat together once a week is one of those things that really helps me keep a balance.
The fact that I'm in Denver and have lost that really keeps me a little off balance.
Well... today, we all got together for lunch. It was like having all my brothers and sisters together. Laughing, joking, getting to know each other...
It's small things like that... I think I'm energized to get through another week in Denver.

No comments: