Thursday, December 06, 2007

Messing with your own mind...


We all deal with our life issues a little differently.

I have some friends that like to be beaten. They go to fetish clubs and let people flog, whip, paddle and spank them until they look like raw hamburger.

I have other friends that cut themselves.

Others that drink… to the pain.

I was talking with one friend of mine that said that they needed to experience true pain and that spanking wouldn’t get them to the point that they needed for a release… so she was going to try needles and scalpels…

Now, I’m no prude. I can understand needles… I even understand cutting ones self.

But the concept of giving someone the authority to cut into your flesh. Giving them the permission to cut deep. So deep that you know they are going to have to stitch you up afterwards is beyond my level of comprehension.

I mean… if you really want to experience pain – try a little emotional introspection. Look at yourself in the mirror. Get into your own head space.

If you really want to know an inescapable pain, give yourself the freedom to look at your own life without the blinders on.

Or… perhaps that’s what you’re trying to escape…

I dunno… I look back over my blog and the things that I’ve written – living in my own headspace trying to figure things out was PAIN. The kind of pain that makes you physically wretch and writhe in agony while questioning your own existence. Questioning your own value… your own worth.

I dunno… We all deal with the craziness that is our lives and we all do it our own way.

I’m far too narcissistic to inflict pain or harm to myself in anyway, and I don’t like being overly introspective. I deal by trying to figure it out and making a forward moving plan.

I’m sure you can even see a change in the way that I’ve been blogging over the last couple posts. I’ve been taking the time to find the simple silly things in life that make me smile.

It’s been a while… but I’m at peace.
Here's wishing you can find the same... Salud.

No comments: