Monday, December 17, 2007

Love/Hate Relationships


I am in the middle of a love/hate relationship.

It is singularly the most frustrating thing in the world.

It seams like I've waited so long and I get repaid by pain.

But I love to breath in the sweet fragrance.

With callousness I get in return pain... to the point that it's intense... physical.

I embrace with open arms drinking in the presence with nothing but admiration.

I don't mind the coldness... I'm used to it. I find comfort in it.

But the pain in my ankles, knees and back during cold weather reminds me of every soccer game that I played when I was in high school and college.

Every step feels like a 10 penny nail has been hammered into my ankles.

I love the feel, smell, temperature of winter... but my body hates it.

No comments: