Monday, December 31, 2007

New Years Resolutions


On of the things that I have been guilty of in the past is making a MASSIVE new years plan that has WAY too many items to ambitious. This year, I’ve decided to simplify the items that I resolved to do.

This year, there are 2 items on the list.

1. Live life intentionally
2. Love with truth and honesty


Living life intentionally

A lot of time, I let life just happen. Even though I’m a planner, I’ve stopped planning life. I let life get in the way. I let life happen instead of being intentional about my actions. Not so… this year, I am going to think about it… more so than in the past.

My life is going to be intentional and purposeful. I will set goals and objectives and check points… and even hold myself accountable.

Love with truth and honesty

This is a 2 edged sword. This involves loving me and loving others.

Many times, I will love others more than I love myself. (Altruism… who would have thought that such a thing existed?) This year, I bring balance to my life in regards to those that I love.

Sometimes love hurts. Since I believe in sacrificial love… I end up unhappy.

Not so this year. This year… I add truth and honesty to the mix. I am allowed to voice my opinions. I don’t have to pepper the truth with sugar to make it sweeter. I can be honest regarding how I feel.

If you value me the way I value you… you will understand.

This... is going to be an interesting year…

No comments: