Friday, December 07, 2007

The Power of Words


Words are powerful.

Words are powerful because we tend to meditate on them. We think about them. We ponder them. We live the words that we let infiltrate our mind. We become what we say.

If we continue to speak the words of our past... our past will haunt us.

If we call ourselves helpless, we will be helpless.

If we think ourselves lost and alone... we will be lost and alone.

I am learning to let my words comfort me. Letting my words bring me peace.

When I said I hated Denver, I would spiral. When I said I was prepared for the trip... the week went by well. I took pictures, I found things to entertain me... I was at peace.

I'm not saying that if you say you're a millionaire you're going to become one, but I am saying that the words we speak and embrace will alter the way we view our world.

So... don't be haunted by your past. Don't get frustrated by your present. Find that thing that is good... and meditate on it. Let your words embrace you and bring you peace instead of causing harm and pain.

Note: I feel like I've been preachy lately. It's important to note that I say these things to myself more than anyone else.

1 comment:

annabkrr said...

That was a great post! Not preachy, very positive.