Saturday, December 22, 2007

Words of Wisdom


Anyone that knows me knows that I am a wanna be artist. Whether it’s photography, music, drawing or writing… I love being creative.

There are times when I see something clearly… frame it… and it turns out well like these pictures I took at 2am in downtown Denver at 2am one morning. (Did I say 2am???)

There are other times when I hear something in my head… and it comes out perfectly… and other times, it’s garbage.

But it doesn’t prevent me from trying.

In times like these, when I need encouragement, I get in touch with my cousin Victor Wooten. Victor plays with Bela Fleck and the Flecktones and is one of the best bass players in the known universe.

So… this morning, I leave you all with these words of wisdom that he sent me this morning:

Hello Dwane, playing what's in my head is always a challenge unless I
simplify what I hear in my head. Thinking simply allows me to play
almost perfectly. Our mind will always be ahead of our physical
ability. And that is how it should be.
Make sure to record yourself at these open mics so that U can critique
(and complement) yourself.
Enjoy the holidaze.

Peace, vic

*sent by imagination*






1 comment:

annabkrr said...

Great, lovely pics. Go with your heart. It's what I'm going to do.