Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Remy Zero/Cinjun Tate


I played an open mic Monday night. I didn't want to play, but friends of mine suggested that I actually perform.
I'm glad I did. It was humbling.
Although the music that I did was well received, and captured the attention of the people at the venue, it could have been better.
I was humbled when Cinjun Tate from Remy Zero took the stage. I was captivated. The soul and the passion with the words that he sang... makes me want to really hone my craft instead of just sitting there on the outside dancing around my musical ideas.
If you're not familiar with Remy Zero, let me give you this little synopsis:
Remy Zero's song "Save Me" was used as the theme for Smallville
Remy Zero's song "Shattered" was used in Crazy/Beautiful and Suicide Kings
Their song Fair was used in the movie Garden State
Prophecy was used in She's all that and The Last Kiss
And if that's not enough, Cinjun was married to Alyssa Milano.
Yeah... I'm going back to the drawing board.

No comments: