Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Never would I have imagined...


Never ever would I have imagined that I would have done what I did...

Around 1:30am this morning I carved the word MUSIC into my guitar.

Admittedly, I have 15 guitars and this is the least expensive guitar I have, it's one that I purchased for less than $100, but still.

This was a big step for me.

No... I'm not going to carve into my other guitars... but this stands as a reminder to me that it's about the music... and only about the music.

It's so easy to get sidetracked and miss the point. Music is about conveying emotion. Sometimes I get caught up in the technical aspect of making music because it's fun to look at through the "snowglobe" - where I don't have to get involved in the process of making music.

What I'm trying to do is find that emotional place where music is made.

This... was an emotional act... and it is a good start.

No comments: