Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Beliefs - Part 2


Warning: This post is about my belief in Christianity...

I was reading in the book of Haggai (one of the minor prophets in the old testament). Basically, what had happened was the people had just returned from Babylonian captivity. One of the first things that they were supposed to do was rebuild the temple.

Unfortunately, the people had stopped building the temple to concentrate on their own lives. Build their houses, restore commerce and ultimately - forget about God.

Basically, there's really no difference between the way things were then and the way things are today.

We get so busy concentrating on out own lives and forget about God in search for work and finding the "American dream."

I admit it. I find myself there sometimes as well.

One of the good things about being unemployed at the moment is that I am finally at a point where I can hear lessons like this and put first things first.

Anyway, Haggai is a small book... 2 chapters. A very quick read.

Well, the conclusion of the story is that once we figure it out... once put things in the right perspective, God promises to bless us and show himself as a strong and mighty in our lives so others can see that God is a God of love that wants all of humanity to know the deep richness of his love for us.

Check it out online - Haggai 1 and Haggai 2

No comments: