Monday, March 31, 2008

All the world's a stage...


All the world's a stage... and I'm a musician that's lost his sheet music... and I have a huge solo that I'm about to perform... or that's how I feel sometimes.

I lost a lot of friends in the divorce. The first thing that I did was become a recluse. I retreated into my house and the only time that I would actually hang out with people was at church or at work.

It's been almost a year since then and I'm finally at a point where I'm ready to start the whole friend making process again.

At first, I think I was over anxious... a touch too eager. Now, I'm settling down.

In all honesty, I'm really more comfortable with people that are considered outsiders than anything else. One of my most favorite birthday memories was the time I went downtown and hung out with homeless people all day. Hanging out in the park talking... I think I enjoyed it because there was no pretense.

I guess, in short, although I think I'm a great person - and I like me, I'm not sure if others like me. I'll dig a little deeper into this tomorrow.

No comments: