Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Same shirt... different day

Every once in a while you have to be an encouragement to yourself... look back from where you were and see where you are today. Believe it or not, I'm wearing the same shirt in all 3 pictures, thus the title - "Same shirt... different day."

I really look back at when I was 275 and could barely walk up the driveway - when I went to my Dr. and he said - "You're fat... get up off your lazy behind and do something." - Thanks Dr. Joe. If it weren't for you, I would probably be 300 pounds and growing.

In all honesty, I really watch my diet. Yesterday I was craving a 5 Guys burger and fries... Even drove all the way cross town and sat outside the establishment for 30 minutes debating on whether or not to go in.

I didn't.

It's small victories like this that make me want to pat myself on the back... tell me "job well done..."

I weighed in at 223 this morning. Even though I can't really see the difference, it's pictures that I've taken like this that encourage me to continue on.

So - I'm not Jared from Subway...

I'm Dwane... and I can do this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do this, you ARE doing this. 50 pounds is an enormous achievement! Have you tried lifting 50 pounds recently? That's impressive. And you are looking really good!

Life... is for the living... said...

Thanks for the encouragement!