Sunday, March 16, 2008

How I roll...

Usually, I "roll alone" - or as they say, do things alone. This isn't necessarily by choice... it's just kind of the way things happen in my life. I have a ton of friends - many I've had for years... but they all live out of the state. I have acquaintances where I live, but I generally get together with each of them maybe once every 3 months or so.


I don't have that consistent road dog.


Speaking of road dogs... this reminds me of 2nd grade...

I've told the story before about how when I was in 2nd grade I was sent to the library to take a "test" - I remember it like it was yesterday. At the library, they sat me at a table with of all things, another black kid - Jim. We kind of sat across from the table looking at each other... My seat faced the door, so I could see more than he could... What did I see?


Mr. Fiore (the principal), my 2nd grade teacher and the lady who was going to be our 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Romer was there looking to see whether or not we would get along. I'm not sure if they were expecting us to fight or plot to take over the school... what I do know is that we were just little kids in 2nd grade.


I'm rambling for a second... but I think I can bring this home...


Lately, I've started inviting people to social outings... It feels good. I don't have a road dog just yet... not even a glimmer of having an entourage either...


But I do have friends to do things with. New friends I've made since the divorce.


I met with a former co-worker today for a ride... His bike is in the front... mine is the blue one.

Although it's nice to roll alone, there are times when it's great to hang out with a friend.

No comments: