Thursday, March 27, 2008

I think I am a man of faith...


I grew up in the Baptist church. My earliest memories are of being at the church on Sunday morning to open the doors with my Dad. I would be there through Sunday school and church as well as be the last person out the door making sure it was locked.
If there was a Sunday evening program - repeat the process. Be there from beginning until the very end.
Mid-week prayer and Bible study? Same thing.
That's probably one of the reasons why I struggle so much with my relationship with God. I don't want my belief in God to be a belief that exists out of habit.
I want it to be genuine. But that's a hard place to get to.
My closest friends have heard me talk through my struggles of reconciling life to my belief
system.
So... in terms of getting to know me? I think I am a man of faith.

No comments: