Friday, March 28, 2008

Taking it to the limit.


I am a "redline" kind of guy. I take things to the limit. I believe that if I am going to do something I am going to take it to the extreme. I am going to master it.
I still do it - because I like the challenge of self improvement.
I do this with all of my hobbies:
Competitive pistol shooting
Ultimate Frisbee
Motorcycle riding
Playing guitar
Playing bass guitar
Playing piano
Playing drums
Recording music
American Sign Language
Spanish
Tennis
Soccer
Volleyball
Mountain Biking
Working Out
Philosophy
Psychology
Photography
Blogging
Hackey-Sac
Chess
Mathematics
Physics
Software Programming
Bowling
The only thing that I haven't spent time perfecting is my MySpace page... and that's because frankly, the inspiration to learn HTML and web design hasn't really hit me... yet.
About every two years I pick up another hobby that I want to master and I throw myself into it. I participate in it until I am satisfied that I am more than competent in the endeavor.
Then I put it on the back burner and get another.
So... a big part of who I am is pushing myself to the limit in those areas that interest me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a busy man! And your enthusiasm is infectious. :)