Thursday, March 20, 2008

Magic Glove ... Magic Memories

If you look closely in this picture, I have a death grip on a baby blue baseball glove. From looking at these pictures, it turns out that I really only had it for about a year. In my memory, I have the glove for at least 3 or 4... Interesting.



I actually found this glove at a garage sale for like $0.25. That's right, one American quarter. The glove was perfectly broken in. It was a fielders dream. With this glove, I was a part of the prized infield team.



The next year, this was stolen.


My most embarrassing baseball moment EVER happened with this new glove. This glove was a full 2 inches shorter than my new glove. My brother was umpiring the game. 2 outs. Bottom of the 3rd inning. Routine pop fly.


I easily got under the ball... waved everyone else off.


My brother clicked the 3rd out... he knew it was over.


The ball hit the top of my glove and hit me square in the forehead rendering me unconscious.


The next thing I remember was looking up at my brother asking me if I was okay.

I vowed that this was going to be my last year playing... But Mr. Froio and Mr. Prosser - the coaches called me and asked me to play the following year. Their sons Bobby and Rob were serious ball players and they wanted solid fielders around them to help out.


That... was the end of my formal baseball career.


It honestly wasn't as much fun playing with my magical blue glove... and I still couldn't hit the ball... and now - I couldn't field.

No comments: