Monday, March 24, 2008

Who am I, anyway?

I am not an easy man to get to know.

What I've witnessed in my life is that people generally want to get to know you at a surface level - then based upon some mythical internal mechanism, they make the decision as to whether to befriend you and get to know you at a deeper level.

People are usually pretty quick at tossing around the term friend and many get offended when I don't return the favor of using the term in return. Friendship has deep implications and it's not a term that I use lightly.

One of the questions that I ask of people is:

"Tell me something about me..."

A lot of people say this is an unfair question. I don't think so, I frequently drop clues as to who I am. So... to make it plain, I think I'll spend some time talking about who I am.

This should be interesting. I can't wait to hear what I have to say.

No comments: