Saturday, March 01, 2008

Loneliness


Loneliness sucks.
A lot of people that have gone through a divorce or a break up experience loneliness. This is one of the primary reasons why people immediately get into relationships quickly. ANY relationship.
I'm a little different.
I was lonely in the marriage. I had felt overwhelmingly lonely while I was married. Overwhelmingly.
After the divorce, the feelings of loneliness left.
Until yesterday.
I mistakenly thought that my sons were coming over last night for the weekend. Turns out that they aren't coming over until next weekend the first full weekend in March.
Lesson learned: Loneliness comes from having expectations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"..lonliness comes from having expectations" That is very true. For the most part I have overcome lonliness myself but I can say with all certainty that I feel the presence of the Spirit of God and because of that I do not feel alone. It is my faith, and my certainty. Sometimes another friend would be nice though.