Thursday, March 06, 2008

The road less travelled



I'm in the process of trying to increase my overall fitness level. Well, I now carry my Montague folding mountain bike in the back of my car, so when the mood hits, I can hop on it and ride.


While heading out today I saw an old railroad track that I assumed was unused... I quickly changed into my riding clothes, cranked the tunes on my satellite radio and took to the road less travelled.



It was a good but bumpy ride... I did maybe 10 miles - 5 each way. I basically rode until I came to... a train car.




Overall, I think it was a good day... can't wait to get out tomorrow and see where my travels lead me.


It was a rough and tough ride, lots of bumps. Thanks to the clipless pedals I was able to grind it out with greater stability than I would have otherwise.


I know this is probably really boring reading... and for those of you that have made it this far I applaud you. The agony of reading this was equal to my trail ride, I assure you.



If you made it this far... I hope you have a smile on your face much like mine!
Here's to healthy living.
Cheers.

No comments: