Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I like me... but you don't like me?



I used to worry about whether or not people liked me... Okay, I still worry about it... but not as much as I used to.



What I'm beginning to understand is that there are a lot of people in the world that feel the same way.



Kirk Franklin - in the CD that he released over Christmas did a song on the topic. The chorus is an affirmation that says:


Cause I like me, do you like me

See I like me, cause he likes me

God likes me, yo you don't like me?

I like me, yo you like me

Cause I like me, do you like me

See I like me, cause he likes me

God likes me, yo you don't like me?


The fact that he put a song like that on his CD makes me wonder if someone that is world famous has the same type issues...


Probably.

There are some people that say "I like you, but I don't like your ways..." - I'm not one of those people. Honestly, I can't think of anyone that I don't like. There are people that I choose not to hang out with, but it's not because I like don't them, it's because the time that we spend together isn't healthy... and I'm all about staying in a good frame of mind... but it's not because I don't like you.

It's my goal to get to know you. I want to know you as an individual as much as I want to be known.

I want to be able to say "why I like you" - because I know why I like me.


No comments: