Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Fond memories...

This is my oldest sister Patti. I snapped this picture at the airport. Sometimes it really amazes me ho much me and my siblings look alike.


When we get together we always talk about these funny stories about when we were kids.


We had this game that we played called "Take it like a man" - We would hold out our hands and swing them back and forth until they slapped together and say - "Take it like a man" - and do this until out hands were red... The loser was the first person to quit.


Okay... I admit it... that's an odd game to play... but we were living in Italy at the time on something like the 14th floor of an apartment building in downtown Martina Franca, Italy. It's not like our parents were going to let a couple of pre-teens run around outside. So, you have to improvise...


When we moved back to the US we used to have a lot of fun. Sometimes when we walked through the neighborhood and we saw a dog, we would hold hands and squeeze if we saw a dog. Okay... if you've seen the movie "Tin Man" on SciFi, then you know how important it is to hold your siblings hand and not let go when danger came.


This is the sister that I would sneak into the camp behind our house with. We grew up on a lake and we would go on pontoon boat rides, play games, buy food at the snack bar...


It's always fun to catch up and remember.


Will someone remind me to get some of the old video tapes and put them on DVD?


Thanks!

No comments: