Friday, April 11, 2008

"Old" aquaintence - New Friend

Through the power of the internet, I was able to sync up with a friend of mine from high school.

I actually remember having the biggest crush on her way back when, but really never had the nerve to reach out to her back in the day.

She sent me a message on one of the social networking sites that simply said - "Remember me?"

We've been e-mailing back and forth... getting to know each other again...

I think she's a sweetheart. She grew up in my home town - so she identifies with me at this weird level that you only can growing up where we did.

Sometimes I imagine what it would be like to actually date her. A smile crosses my face. I'm tempted to flirt... but draw back.

Admittedly, I'm a hopeless romantic, but she's 916.42 miles away.

There's a part of me that would love to sync up with her. A part of me that knows that it's possible to fall for her...

There's a part of me that believes it would end in another heartache for me.

But what ever happens... I really enjoy getting an e-mail from her every day... from 916.42 miles away.

No comments: