Monday, April 07, 2008

Love... is freedom


The "Anarchy Heart"... when I first saw it it resonated with me. THIS is what I'm looking for!!!

The symbol itself was born in the punk folk community and what it says at it's core is that "love is freedom."

I consider myself to be a loving person. My friends will tell you that I reach out to people and that I genuinely care - but that in itself can be a burden with no freedom at all unless it's returned.

I don't need the love to be returned in order to complete me, for happiness or even for freedom because at my core, I feel I am complete, happy and free.

In all honesty, being in a relationship chips away at those 3 feelings.

There are times when you don't feel complete when you don't connect with the person that you're with. There are times when you won't feel happy with yourself or the other person. There are times when you will feel like your freedom is constricted when you make sacrifices for the other person.

Ideally, what you get is the freedom to be loved in your flakiness. The freedom to know that even when you blow it, this person is ultimately there for you. You have the freedom to continue to discover who you are as you grow and not have to worry about trying to be the person that they want you to be or even think you are.

It's a powerful thing to be able to experience.

It is a humbling thing to give that kind of love.

1 comment:

G said...

I love this image and this post!