Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The Sparkles Effect

I was talking with "Sparkles" yesterday about dating. I named her dating technique - The Sparkles Effect.
The average length of time that a relationship lasts for her is around 14 days.
Somewhere between day 1 and day 14 things go south.
Here's my opinion on what's happening:
She has what is potentially a great piece of steak. She's tossing it in a microwave oven for 14 minutes and expecting it to taste the same as if she placed it on the grill and cooked it to perfection after letting it marinate and be seasoned properly.
Microwave Burn.
It's a hazard in too many relationships today.
I have found that it really takes 2 years for someone to come to the conclusion that they love me. I mean, not a superficial love at first sight thing. That rarely happens with me. But 2 years... yeah. They'll know who I am. Consistent, Loving, Quirky.
Does anyone out there want to go through the grilling process anymore? Because this steak refuses to be microwaved.

3 comments:

G said...

I prefer this technique: A quick sauté on very high heat, with dramatic sizzle and excitement. Mmmmm! Then, the juices seared inside, the meat can cook slowly for a long, long, long time. This results in heavenly aromas and a magnificent result.

Life... is for the living... said...

Now that's a twist that I haven't thought about...

I may have to practice this until I get it right.

I just hope I don't burn anyone in the process.

G said...

You could share a pair of oven gloves. :)