Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Finding balance...

I've worked really hard at finding balance in my life - lately I feel unbalanced.

When I got to my parents house, I could feel. The full range of emotions. Lately I find myself emotionally dead... I hate that feeling.

This morning - it clicked. I'm bending so far over backwards to try to pull my parents into balance, but it's not my job to pull them into balance. It's theirs.

I guess this lesson is turning out to learn to let go. Understand that I truly can't solve others problems regardless whether or not what I'm trying to do is in their best interest.

My closest friends tell me that I'm too kind. That I will rend to help others to the point where it ultimately hurts me.

Maybe this lesson is to help me learn to take care of my emotional needs instead of bending all the time. Just to love people in their current situation. It doesn't mean that I have to impose my desire for what I think is ultimately best.

I dunno...

2 comments:

G said...

Knowing that you cannot control another's actions or save them is a painful but liberating feeling.

Sending best wishes for you... you are handling a lot Signor Woodchips.

Life... is for the living... said...

Thanks! If it weren't for my blogging and my friends I would definately have lost my mind by now.

If it's any consolation, I'm hanging in there better than my siblings! lol