Sunday, April 13, 2008

Dad...

I find myself snapping more pictures of Dad these days...

Pictures of his hands, my hands by his hands.

Although his memory isn't what it used to be, we find a lot of joy in the the moment and in story telling.

And every once in a while, we'll share a moment that is just incredible.

After being in the hospital for 4 months he finally came home. We set up one of the bedrooms in the house with a hospital bed and everything that we would need for home health care.

To him... it still made it feel like he was still in the hospital, so we walked around the house to the various rooms.

When we got to his bedroom he sat on the edge of the bed and looked around...

For a moment, his eyes lit up.

I asked him what was so funny.

He said - "Mom... she left every drawer open on her dresser."

We both got a good laugh out of that one.

I think that's going to be my goal while I'm here. Just enjoy my parents... It's a good thing to be in the position to be able to care for your parents.

1 comment:

G said...

This is such a moving post - your Dad looks great. Blessings to you all.