Saturday, April 26, 2008

Am I strong enough?

When I woke up this morning the lyrics to "Strong Enough" by Sheryl Crow were reverberating in my mind. Particularly this part of the chorus:

When I'm throwing punches in the air
When I'm broken down and I cant stand
Will you be strong enough to be my man?

Then it struck me... I know why I'm supposed to be at my parents house.

Although I've declared myself emotionally healthy, I haven't been tested.

This time I've had with my Mom has been the test. Am I strong enough to be the man that I want to be relationally?

Can I stay in balance when things pull me out of balance?

Can I stay emotionally engaged and not zone out?

The answer to that question is yes. Yes 1,000 times over.

Okay, I have made mistakes, but I'm beginning to catch them. Understand them.

I think I've passed this test...

No comments: