Friday, April 25, 2008

Updates...

This red, puffy, swollen thing is my eye. We used to be friends. We would watch TV together, work out together, we would hang out ALL the time.

Until he started playing with the allergens.

When I saw them I knew they were no good. I warned him to stay away... but did he listen?

NoooOOOOooooo.

So now - after 2 days of taking Zyrtec and Sudafed PE I think I've found a combination of meds that work.

Every 12 hours, take a Claritin D and a Zyrtec.

Yeah, I know both of those are supposed to be 24 hour drugs... but I'm desperate.

That... and I've missed a day of blogging. My day started at 3:30am yesterday when I was sitting at the table with Dad. We were having a conversation when we decided to call for an ambulance.

It wasn't that something catostrophic happened. We just decided that it would be quicker to get him admitted than to have me drive.

They've done a battery of tests. They were able to detect an old stroke in the right side of the brain. Nothing big. But I don't think that they've noticed it before... They did an MRI, but I haven't had a chance to catch up with the doctors after they've done their reading.

They also noticed heart enzymes in the blood stream - which means some cardiac even occurred.

One step forward....

2 steps back.

Interestingly enough, the hospitals free internet blocks social networking sites like Multiply and facebook... so... don't ask me how I'm doing this... Shhhhh.... it's a secret.

Take care... and here's to another long day!

No comments: