Monday, April 28, 2008

I was thinking...

I was thinking a lot about the last year.

I was remembering when I was suffering through the divorce that I did a series of pictures that I can only call in retrospect "Suffering in Silence."

The reason why I'm bringing this up is because a friend of mine said something interesting to me...

She asked me if any my Mom's personality traits were presence in me.

Honestly... there are... or, should I say they were. I'm watching how she's dealing with the sudden news of Dads change in health and my heart goes out to her. The best that I can do is let her know that she's not alone.

Let her know that I'm going to be there for her...

That regardless of her mood swings, acting out, whatever... just be there. Love her.

I dunno.

It's interesting.

I can truly appreciate the changes in my life.

In literature, there are several classic conflicts: man against nature; man against himself; man against man and man against God.

I've successfully weathered the following:

  • man against man
  • man against himself
  • man against nature

The last that I need to resolve is what is truly the hardest - man against God.

Once I've completed that... my circle would have been completed.

No comments: