Sunday, November 04, 2007

Despair? Naaaaaaaah...


There are times when you sit down and look at your life and realized that it's spiralling out of control and there's very little that you can do except watch the decent into the maelstrom.

I have this trunk - I like to call it "The Trunk of Hope and Despair" - it has things that I've written, letters I've received, things that mean things to me - from when I was a freshman in high school to just before I got married.


Every once in a while I'll open THE trunk and randomly pull things out. It always amazes me because I can find out something about myself.
Trends in my life that go back to my youth.
Some things never change.
Yesterday I dipped my hand into THE trunk and found hope.
I didn't find hope in the traditional sense of the pie in the sky everything will be all right.
What I found was fight. Belief in an idea. Belief that regardless of what the world says - regardless of what people say or do... I have to live by my convictions. Live with passion and hope for the future regardless of the situation.
So... today? I laugh in the face of despair.

No comments: