Thursday, November 01, 2007

Why wear a wedding band?

Okay. I'm single. Free to date. Free to be me.

So... WHY WEAR A WEDDING BAND?

That's actually a very good question. I ask myself that question every time I look at it.
I think it's moreso because I'm married to an idea now.

One of the things that I've noticed since I've been single is that there are a lot of women out there that are lonely that believe their lonliness can be solved by offering themselves to you sexually.

That is not the way I want to approach life. It's tempting... but ultimately hollow.

I'm looking for that friend. The person that you wouldn't expect to be the love of your life. But after time, you look at them in a whole new light. You wake up one morning and they are on your mind... You actually miss them. Want to hear their voice. Would make up any silly excuse just to spend a few moments in their presence.

I want to fall in love with the person where there's fear. The fear that your life would never be the same without this person. Fear that you don't want to lose what you currently have.

But... it could just be the lack of sleep talking...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.