Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Social interaction...


It's been a while since I've done anything for me... one of the hobbies that I had was competitive shooting...
One of the local ranges that has rental weapons had a "tactical" match last night.
Even though I haven't competed in 2 years, I thought I would go out and "play".
I got there around 6:30 and we shot until around 9:30.
I came in 10th place out of 15... Better than the 3 Police officers that were there.
Let me see if I can explain this...
The first thing that you're judged on is speed... then accuracy.
From an accuracy perspective, I was the most accurate person there. A perfect score would be "0" - the targets then go -1, -3, then -5 for total a miss. My score was -26... which isn't bad because we shot about 120 rounds of ammunition at 30 targets.
The next closest shooter had a -27, then a -31. So... in terms of accuracy, I was pretty pleased.
From a time perspective for the 4 stages we shot I came in 7th, 6th, 6th and 13th. It was my time on the last stage that really caused me to place higher. It was a long distance shot with a "hostage" forcing you to go for a -0 on a small target. I took 4 extra shots, adding up to 12 seconds - which would have placed me in 6th place over all if I wouldn't have taken the extra shots.
It was a good time... a good mix of people... over all, had a really great time.

No comments: