Sunday, November 11, 2007

Yeah... I'm broken...


I had another non-date with someone that's turning out to be a really good friend. To my closest friends I describe her as follows: "She is me..."

As we sat down tonight over pizza, sharing life stories back and forth it amazes me how many things we have in common.

If I weren't broken, I believe I could actually fall in love with her... but, I don't feel... anything... at all. Mentally, I know that she's a friend. Mentally, I know that I'm comfortable with her. Mentally, I have a good time with her.

But my heart refuses to let there be an emotional bond - even something as simple as an emotional friendship tie. But I know mentally that that emotional friendship would be there if my heart worked.

But... alas, it doesn't. Br0k3n, bruIsed and damag3d so much that all elasticity and capacity to feel is gone.

I'm frustrated... and broken... and tired...

No comments: