Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The last time...


I could tell a LOT more stories of brokenness, but I always rebounded after those, so the pain... or lack of pain doesn't come from there.
I do remember the last time that I felt for someone tho.
After we had decided to divorce... once it was final I made the mistake of seeing someone named SK.
It was way too early - so to have a "safe guard" I asked her if we could continue to get to know each other - take 2 years... really get to know each other well.
We used to stay up until the wee hours of the morning talking - getting to know each other - developing a great bond.
I actually had a connection with her.
I was letting down my guard. She is still the only person on the planet that knows more about who I am than anyone else. With her, I was emotionally bare.
The problem was... SK wanted to get married. Immediately. And I wanted to stick with the timeline... further, the divorce wasn't final yet - and I promised myself - promised myself, that I wasn't going to jump into anything.
2 years to date someone isn't irrational.
But it was for SK.
I had this friend... SL. He, more than anything wanted to be married.
They sensed each other in the air... they met.
I remember when she called and told me that they were going to see each other and that she couldn't see me any more.
It felt like a hand reached into my soul and tore it out.
I cried.
It was the type of cry that starts from your belly and bends you over in pain.
I remember sitting across from her telling and watching her tell me that she loved him when I knew it was a lie.
They married 30 days later.
Divorced 16 months after that.
The last time I felt was when she said good bye.

No comments: