Tuesday, November 20, 2007

There is no harmony...


Admittedly, I am a tough person to love...
(Actually, I was corrected by MS, she said I am easy to love, but a difficult person to receive love from... but I'll have to save that for a different post)
Anyway... E-harmony says they can find a match for anyone. So, out of curiosity... I decided to try them out for myself.
I was honest.
I put in my likes, dislikes, preferences... it was painful... but I did it.
Next, I wanted to see if there was anyone locally that was compatible... so I said... find my match in a 50 mile radius.
For those of you that don't know, I am smack dab in the middle of Alabama.
E-harmony came back with a match!!!
From my home town of Rome, NY.
1 person.
That I went to high school with...
That wouldn't give me the time of day then...
I could just imagine what the "introduction" would have been like.
"Hi... Remember me from high school when I tried to be your friend and you treated me like dirt? Well... I guess you were wrong e-harmony thinks your my perfect match... I hate to be the type to say it, but... I told you so."
I think I'm going to give up on dating.

1 comment:

hexy chick said...

I found you through comments on fearandloathing (best friend of mine). Eharmony BLOWS. I think they are one of the worst sites out there. Coming from one who has done the internet dating thing for 4 years, I can only recommend match.com and plentyoffish.com. Those are the only two places I had any luck and I ended up with a good one.