Saturday, November 17, 2007

A dose of reality...



A long time ago I made myself a promise.

I will not lie to myself... ever.

So... while I was sitting here this evening, trying to figure out my life - and I came to a realization.

Regardless of what my words say, my head... and my heart are falling for you.

I understand that it is a losing proposition. I will never be able to change your mind and migrate from the role of friend. And that's a role that I'm content to fill.

In all honesty, from the beginning I knew that we would never be anything but friends, but I held out hope. Hope that by some miracle there would be some transcending miracle that would allow us to explore something more... but that's not the way that my life works.

So... since this is the Thanksgiving season, I am thankful that you're my friend.

No comments: