Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Maybe I should try that...


My natural inclination is to think that there is something wrong with me...

If someone doesn't want to be my friend or if someone doesn't pick me for their project, give me the promotion or what ever - my basic first instinct is to think that there is something wrong with me.

I then get all kinds of moody and introspective even though it could have been something simple... legitimate.

Is it that I think so little of myself that I have to keep looking... poking... prodding myself to be something that I'm never going to be?

Let me get this out there now...

I am never going to be over 6 feet tall.
I am never going to be a white guy with great hair.

(Had to take a break there... admitting that almost sent me into a panic attack...)

I may never find a community where I fit in.

But there is one thing that I can work on and something that I should try...

Maybe... just maybe I should try to love myself...

Some day.

1 comment:

annabkrr said...

wouldnt that b cool? i wish i could find that too.