Friday, November 30, 2007

Getting to know me....


The reason that I have a wall around my heart is because to some degree, I feel like I won't be liked for who I am.
It's a fear of not being accepted.
If I keep you out, you won't have a chance to hurt me.
Simple.
Here's what I've learned this week in Denver...
I don't have to worry about being accepted by anyone. I am a great person. If you don't see it, it's not my problem.
That simple revelation is liberating.
Over the next couple weeks I'm going to venture out into the real world and be me... I don't have to be you. I can be me. Be me and be loved.

1 comment:

annabkrr said...

Oooh! I love that picture. I'm all about a castle!

I understand what you are saying. I've lived my entire life never being sure of who I truly am and figuring once I did, no one would like me anyway.